Albert Einstein, the fashion icon
Our initial work with the upcoming theme website celebrating the 300-year anniversary of Sweden's great natural scientist Carl von Linné (Carolus Linnaeus) has already taught us many interesting things about our planet and our human race. Why are genious scientists in general so badly dressed, for example? Well, one would presume that it's because they're above such primitive mating rituals where people, more or less consciously, invest great energy in appearance and collection of various attributes, in order to attract strong and healthy partners, in order to pass their own genes on to future generations in enhanced forms. It now turns out, however, that it was actually Albert Einstein, and no other, who introduced the ”nutty professor look”. Before him, all prominent scientists were neatly dressed in suits and ties. So it's nothing but a simple fashion thing after all, designed to signal geniality in order to attract other genius genes...
Recent blog entries
- Mikael Jansson celebrates spring...
Oct 16, 2009
- Can we Swedes pride ourselves of having the world's most bold, daring and sexually liberated state television management?
Sep 30, 2009
- Two walks in the park
Jun 4, 2009
- Beckmans goes luxury
May 18, 2009
- Thirty quick hours at the throat of Milan
May 6, 2009
- At last: back in the Motherland
Mar 29, 2009
- Human vanity in the Omo and Borås...
Feb 17, 2009
- The dream of yet another summer...
Feb 9, 2009
- Gone in the wind: a pair of drab Stockholmian fashion days in the midst of minor key mid winter
Jan 29, 2009
- It is sometimes claimed that some models are more than a little sheepish, but in this case we were dealing with a righteous goat
Dec 22, 2008
- Stockholm, November 08
Nov 1, 2008
- Our world from a blogger's perspective
Sep 5, 2008
- Mamma good but Helmer better
Jul 20, 2008
- Give us back our Paradise lost!
Apr 5, 2008
- A weekend of righteous Roman pleasures
Mar 21, 2008
- Speaking about fur, moral inconsequence and hatred of the classes
Feb 21, 2008
- In the local Scandinavian fashion week rat race, we in Stockholm get beaten with a broom by Copenhagen
Feb 11, 2008
- So it has has once again come to its end: the subpolar fashion week of the industriously trend-conscious middle-classes...
Feb 4, 2008
Jan 9, 2008
- Watch that German suit burn, baby
Dec 7, 2007
- At last: a robot for company, comfort and assistance at the dusk of life
Nov 28, 2007
- Our Sandra’s design is indeed fine art
Nov 13, 2007
- Who the hell mentioned the Man in the Moon?
Nov 9, 2007
- Greetings from sunny Cannes
Oct 31, 2007
- Thank you for that show, Helena
Aug 22, 2007
- Forget Volvo, IKEA, ABBA, Borg, Bergman and that kinky ol´ Dalecarlean horse – Inga from Sweden is by far our most powerful global trademark!
Jun 25, 2007
- Shut up and learn from history ye´ goddam kids – the good Doctor flew higher and slammed mightier than LeBron and even MJ!
Jun 16, 2007
- That was some funky brides down at Berns
May 23, 2007
- Noble mingling at the Royal Court Jeweller's
Apr 20, 2007
- Now I want to hear YOUR opinion!
Apr 13, 2007
- What a freaking art scene!
Mar 12, 2007
- Finale in style on our grand Swedish odyssey
Feb 28, 2007
- Swedish fashion fills a larger costume
Feb 27, 2007
- Dan makes a late Stockholm debut
Feb 16, 2007
- Tyler strikes back against shallowness and stupidity
Feb 14, 2007
- Johan's Darling is a killer
Feb 5, 2007
- Are we ready for WWIII?
Jan 31, 2007
- Speaking about America & Hunter S...
Jan 24, 2007
- This nasty child President...
Jan 11, 2007
- Three young men of supreme quality
Dec 8, 2006
- Oh, what a party...
Dec 8, 2006
- Tyler sees the globe through Monocle
Nov 17, 2006
- Pontus is dead – long live his memory!
Nov 14, 2006
- Two wonderful young men of superior quality
Sep 11, 2006
- Joel enters the roaring 40s – hats off for a heavy hitter!
Aug 28, 2006
- God save us from the “ID fetish“! Is it a Swedish thing?
Jun 9, 2006
- Albert Einstein, the fashion icon
May 18, 2006
- Where does our broad public stand?
May 18, 2006
- Auntie Iris hits a hundred
May 15, 2006
- We thought you'd never come!
May 9, 2006
- Go get them, Göran – let them books burn for the good cause of moral purity and spottless political correctness!
Apr 18, 2006
- Next stop Werder Bremen?
Apr 18, 2006
- Springtime is high time for Bollito Misto!
Mar 24, 2006
- Sweet (..?) memories night at PA&Co
Mar 13, 2006
- Trend? Yes. Ambition? You bet. Talent? You got it. Glamour? Well...
Feb 27, 2006
- What a wonderful visual overdose!
Feb 15, 2006
- They say time flies – but does it really?
Dec 19, 2005
- How's that for a café?
Nov 2, 2005
- Autumn time is the right time for gratinated marrow cups
Oct 14, 2005
- Starck promises to off himself – one of these days…
Sep 25, 2005
- Let's blog down...
Sep 13, 2005